But, it's the last night. In the morning, the packers will come, and our things will begin drifting into boxes...the first step back to North Carolina. It's so hard to believe.
Suddenly, three years doesn't seem but a day.
I'm going to cry if I go on too much, and I don't want to make anyone sad. At the same time my heart is heavy to say goodbye to those we love so deeply here, I know that we're going where God would have us. And my heart also lifts and rejoices in going back to family and friends we have missed so much.
When we moved here, this was just another duty station...where we were not expecting or wanting to go. Yet we watched God unfold his plans for us day by day. He held us, drew amazing people around us, and guided our steps.
This last night in our home, I'm praying that God will strengthen friendships in new ways to bridge the distance. I hold strong in my heart also the hope and assurance that one day we can all gather around His feet in heaven...our true home.
I'm such a sap! It's 2am, and there's just a bit more packing to do in the morning. We will be here one more week to transition our things out of the house and do walkthroughs and the like. Only briefly can I recognize this moment, because there's still a lot of work to do.
But, my thoughts linger on an amazing thought. Beaufort, South Carolina will never be just another city on the map. It's now the faces of friendship and love, the birthing of two new lives, and the journey of the Gayler family.
I'm so thankful, and happy about that. :)







1 comment:
It's gonna be great, wonderful & happiness to have you & the kids back. Oh wait, I guess Matt also. LOL I just couldn't resist.
I'm just excited to have y'all coming back.
Post a Comment