Thursday, April 14, 2011

Say What?

I just did another toy purge/organization project. Somewhere in all of those toys, Ian found a pacifier.

All the kids refused a pacifier. I don't think I ever really tried with Ian, but I REALLY wanted Zoe to take one. But, she liked her thumb better. At any rate, the only thing that has made pacifiers appealing to my kids at all is the fact that they have seen other children using them!

When Ian was Zoe's age, he called them, "Pacifier Trucks." Occasionally, he'd suck on one to be funny.

Since Zoe became mobile, she would steal them from her friends, suck on it once, and then shove it back in their mouth. She also enjoyed stealing them to incite a game of chase!

I wondered what the appearance of the little gadget would do with no little friend around to claim it.

Ian tentatively stuck it in his mouth and sucked on it a couple times. Zoe walked over to see what was going on with brother.

"My turn!" Zoe chimed.

Zoe sucked on it a couple of times, and plopped it out with a smirk. "Your turn!"

Unbelievably, Ian sucked on it again! Now of course, this is absolutely disgusting! I must put an end to it!

"Hand me the pacifier! That's gross! You can pretend to use it with your baby dolls, but don't both of you get slobber on it! EW!"

Zoe snatched it really quick, and sucked on it a couple more times before handing it back. I had already turned to dispose of it when I heard a thud followed by screaming. Ian had thrown himself to the floor and was having a fit!

"Ian, what on earth is the problem?"

He stopped crying and straightened, "Mom, Zoe got 1, 2...3 sucks on the pacifier and I only got 2 times."

Hahahahahaha!

I walked to the trash can laughing...and even more thankful they never needed a pacifier! :)

No comments: