We went shopping for some new warmer weather clothes (yes, this is probably what brought on the cold front, ha!), and Ian spotted some onesies. "We need to buy something for Eli and Zoe too, Mom," he told me as he started picking various items up. "What is this one?" he would ask, examine it, and put them back one by one.
At first I was so overwhelmed by his sweet desire to get something for brother and sister. This shifted to slight impatience, because he was running back and forth all over the store touching EVERYTHING. I had to explain in detail what was on each shirt, what it said, and if it was the right size. He would put one in my bag, and take it out again, saying, "No, not this one." Preggo Momma was getting worn out!
Every shirt or outfit was met with some objection or another. "No, Eli won't like this one...or this one...no, I don't like it." And on, and on, and on...
Until this one.
Ian: "What's this say?"
Me: "It says, 'Little Brother,'"
Ian: "Look! It has a smiley face on it!" He was so excited, he almost squeaked.
Me: "It sure does, do you like that one?"
Ian: "I do! I like it a lot! It's perfect! We'll get this one, Mom. It has a smiley face on it, because Eli will be happy when he comes, and he's my little brother. Ok, we can go now."
I wish I could have captured his own giant beaming smile at that moment, as he headed for the door...without a single item of clothing in the bag for him.
Ian, you were right. Eli is happy...he has the best brother in the whole world. :)









1 comment:
awwww I sure miss Ian!!!!
Post a Comment