TABLECLOTH
Problem: Table with an annoying joint right down the middle that attracts kid messes of all sorts!
| From 02.2010 - MISC |
Solution: A very quick "fitted sheet" type tablecloth! This was my first experience sewing a project that involved stretching elastic as you sew. And, my pattern involved laying the table down upside-down and tracing! Sew easy! LOL.
| From 02.2010 - MISC |
BULLETIN BOARD
Boring bulletin board + old duvet cover + scissors = colorful place for posting learning things!
This project literally took 10 minutes from start to finish. I push-pinned the fabric to the board, cut around the edges and used a tongue depressor to tuck the fabric under the frame. Wow, that was amazingly easy! One of my FAVORITE bed linens is now something I can still enjoy!
HAIR BOW HOLDERS:
I took two plain wood frames and used foam flower stamps and various shades of the same color to paint them. Acrylic paint was the medium of course...I LOVE acrylic paints! I cut some 7/8" ribbon to size and simply stapled it to the back. Voila! I no longer have to hunt through the drawers to find a bow! By the way, I made almost all the bows, too! Thank you, Anna, for teaching me the fine art of bow-making! I will certainly be adding more to the collection.
So there are a few of my most recent crafty endeavors. Stay tuned for more crafty updates! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment