Three posts in one night? I'm on a crazy roll! I just HAD to blog about the sweet moment that happened earlier today...
We read several books this afternoon on Mommy's bed while Zoe took a nap. One of the choices was Cinderella. This will make sense in a moment!
A little while after this, I saw a very cute picture a friend had posted of her little boy. Ian asked, "Who that, Mommy?" I replied, "It's Chase. Do you remember him?" Ian looked at me very puzzled and responded with his face all scrunched up, "I can't know Chase, Mommy."
I pulled up a picture of Chase's sister (which just so happened to be one of her dressed in a princess dress), and said, "Chase is Ally's sister. Do you remember now?"
Ian looked wide-eyed at the picture and gasped. "Ooooh. Ally a princess, Mommy. I want to kiss her and dance-a her and be a king."
I KNOW he has no idea what he's talking about...he's repeating fairy tales, and imposing them on real life, but oh how touched I was by this moment! (I know Matt is very glad that Ian is no longer saying he is a princess too!) I'll ask Ally's Mom (or I probably should ask Dad, LOL) not to worry, he's not allowed to date until he's married.
And although I would rather not even hint about such things in his future, I will pray that Ian clings to the innocence of such things and grows more and more into a pure and tender hearted man. :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







1 comment:
Melts my heart that boy!
Post a Comment