Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Unavoidable

Well, for all that talk about finding out or keeping it a surprise...if we really wanted a surprise, I would have had to skip seeing the ultrasound altogether. I don't know for sure if it was positioning of the baby, or just having seen enough ultrasounds to know...but I didn't need the tech to tell me it was a boy, or even get the clear angle!

As she was scanning for spine, kidneys, brain measurements, and more, I saw several glimpses and KNEW. So, the entire conversation went out the window as soon as we started looking inside. This little guy was not about keeping a secret! She turned the monitor before asking, "Did you want to know the gender?" I laughed, and Matt said, "Oh yeah!" I'm happy I was already ok with knowing...it was just unavoidable! LOL.

All curled up, it was so fun to peek at the little baby inside.


From head to toe, we love him already! He looks healthy, and everything is as it should be!


It's pretty amazing to get a view of the little one growing inside. We could see him wiggling around just slightly, as he appeared to be napping.


Little Brother, I can't wait to meet you! You've taught me something already...sometimes we just think we're in control, when really some things are just unavoidable! Like, how much love we have for you, even before we laid eyes on you. :)

4 comments:

The Postlethwaite Family said...

That was such a sweet blog. I love your message to the little guy! Auntie Ginnie, Uncles Rick, Richard, and Ryan love him already too!

Annie Greyhair said...

Truly a blessing! Thank you for sharing him with us!

Unknown said...

congrats!! that is so exciting =) i think i had guessed girl, can't remember now. it was the same with my son, the tech didn't need to tell me i started laughing and crying at the same time =)
as far as the not finding out, my hubs is the same(wants to know) where i have that tv moment in my head ;0)
so glad everything looks healthy!!! now for the NAMES! LOL

Julie said...

Ginnie, thank you! The feeling is mutual! :)

Annie, you're welcome! I'm glad we can share the excitement!

Stacy, it's nice to know I'm not alone...and that no matter what seeing that everything was healthy & well made me so HAPPY! :)