
Matt called it, "Baked cod with a pineapple sauce over a bed of yellow rice, peas, and fresh spinach flanked by plantains cooked in honey butter."
Did I forget to mention that he (my husband!) made this? In our kitchen! He created not only this delectable meal, but a whole host of delightful smells that filled the entire house.
One day earlier in the month, he ordered a meal similar to this one. He decided that it was amazing, and that we should have it at home! This isn't the first time he has performed this feat. The "famous" potato soup was another recipe that he copied and then took to a whole new level. Matt now eats something and runs online to find the recipe...and makes it even more amazing and spectacular.
I could use the thesaurus to find more descriptive words. For in front of me was an intricate layer of flavors on a plate. I know a food critic somewhere could probably sum it up in ways that would make your mouth water. However, I have a camera...and the word, "Delicious."
That is what I declare this meal.

But I don't need a thesaurus to tell you how much I enjoyed this amazing creative meal, and how much I love and am thankful for the man that put it together. :)







2 comments:
I have performed this spectacular feat myself, and because I was unable to find the recipe online, I improvised it. Now it's one of our favorite meals. It's homemade Alfredo with crisp bacon, grilled chicken breast, diced tomatoes, sauteed fresh mushrooms and red onions.. and snow peas... I put it over whole wheat pasta and call it healthy... Hey! It has whole grains and veggies... Right?
Wow, that sounds delicious! We should definitely have a cooking swap, haha.
Post a Comment