Monday, June 13, 2011

Ian Helps with the Laundry

So there I was...in the middle of a cleaning whirlwind. I promised Ian I would play farm with him, so I took a little break when I heard a noise that begged immediate attention.

UGH. The rugs in the washer were unbalanced and making the washer "walk" across the floor. Clang! Clang! Clang! Noooo! The babies are sleeping!

Ian laughed as I returned the washing machine back to its place, "Haha. Mom, that's so funny. The washing ah-chine was dancing."

I was not as amused at the moment, "Yeah sort of...only it's not allowed to dance in the laundry room."

Not to be put aside so easily, he reminds me, "Well where can it dance? It goes in the laundry room."

True. ANYWAY..."Ok, Ian. Let's go back to play farm! Ian?" He had disappeared in the other room already. The machine begins clanking once more.

There's Ian right behind me. "Uh oh. The washing ah-chine is dancing again."

Now I jump up to sit on the top of the washer and the clanking stops. Here I must remain until the cycle is over. Farm will have to wait for a few minutes. Ian had run out of the room again once he saw me hop on the washing machine. I figured he would play by himself for a few minutes. But, he returned with an animal for each of us.

"Mom," he began with that look that you just can't deny, "Can I play farm up there?" Sure. Why not?

I decided to clean the laundry room floor while he was so happily amused at sitting on the washer as it shook away, but didn't dance (since Ian was helping weigh it down!).

As I gathered the mop and broom from the kitchen, I overheard this conversation between animals:



Pig: "Hey, ladybug."
Ladybug: "Hey pig. What's shakin'?

Ian: "Mom! This is so funny. He said, 'What's shakin'!' Ha! Ha! I'm so funny!"



Not only is he funny, but his new play spot allowed me to completely clean the laundry room. It's nice to have help. :)

2 comments:

jamie said...

Does he Fold? Send him on over. He can do a whole lot-a dancing over here. HE HE!

Julie said...

LOL! Do you have MORE laundry these days? ;)