Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Technological Mystery



We have a whole drawer FULL of batteries...right now, at least.  I am truly an optimist, but I have a huge exception when it comes to batteries.  I know we do not have enough batteries for the next item that will require new ones.

For example, there are NEVER enough AA's.  Ever.  Did you know that every device in your house will use AA's?  And even though you bought the biggest pack at the store the last time you were there, you will only have 3 AA's when you need 4?!

Second on the list to disappear when needed are D's.  The reason for that has to be that they are the most expensive!  Ha.  Also, they power the baby swing...which is very necessary at this moment in time!

However, I've known all about needing 800 packs (instead of the traditional 8 pack) of AA batteries for quite some time.

What truly mystifies me are the batteries in this toy.



It was my cousin's toy.  It vibrates along the ground with some sort of motor and also plays annoying music.  Did I mention my cousin is now TEN?  (Or that the music is very annoying?).

And this toy is on its ORIGINAL batteries.

We were given this toy when Ian was 6 months old.  He played with it almost daily for quite some time...and Zoe played with it  for quite some time.  And, I pulled it out for Eli and it's STILL working, with no signs of a waning battery life.

It will always remain a mystery to me why such a toy can last forever on the same power source....when other similar and useful contraptions go through batteries faster than (insert witty analogy here).

For another example, how about my cell phone?  It will beep a low battery "beep" many, many times over the course of several minutes when I'm making a casual chit-chatty phone call...but just before I get the directions for which way to turn next...beep...CLICK!

Will this technological mystery ever be solved?

I wish I could tell you to stay tuned for the answer, but it seems this is something out of science fiction.  I'm at least thankful that I don't require batteries...because I'm sure I would never have the right kind, or forget to charge my spare.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.                               - Isaiah 40:29

I am glad God offers to recharge me.  He's way better than these crazy batteries I can't figure out! :)

No comments: