Sunday, June 12, 2011

LOL

I sit here typing LOL so I don't wake up the baby by actually laughing. Until, I ROFL and chuckle a little. Then, I get to the point of ROFLMBO! And I think...


It all began with LOL. Laugh Out Loud!


Then people started typing "lol" when they weren't laughing out loud. They were really only laughing in their heads.


The sensible thing to do would be to type, Laughing In My Head (LIMH), but that is just too boring.


Now what?!


To prove that something could be funnier than (virtually) laughing out loud, what about a slap on the knees? LSMK (Laughing and Slapping My Knees). Hmm, I guess it's just not as catchy!


Or, LAS. (Laughing and Snorting). Nope, way too embarrassing!


Aha! Rolling On the Floor Laughing. (ROFL).


What could be funnier than falling out of your chair and laughing on the floor?! You guessed it...Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Butt Off. (ROFLMBO).


Are we actually laughing hard enough to lose body parts?! (Virtually, of course).


What on earth could possibly come next? Clearly, we need more acronyms to express the escalating hilarity of virtual laughing!


I hope this made you LOL...literally! :)



He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. - Job 8:21


P.S. One possible suggestion from a friend? ROFLSHMFFOKWMF. (Rolling on Floor Laughing So Hard My Face Fell Off and I Kicked it With My Foot). Ha! Try typing that while you are laughing that hard, would ya!? :)

No comments: