My little check-up went really well. Still measuring right where I'm supposed to be, and hearing a strong beautiful little heartbeat! Little brother is still turned to the side, but has plenty of room to turn, and hasn't engaged yet. The only kicker of this appointment is somehow weighing the same amount as I did with Ian and Zoe...despite all those months of being exactly on track for weight gain. And, I'm not really sure where it went! I still have all my maternity clothes from them, and the pants are seriously 2 sizes too big! Maybe we have a chunky little guy on our hands? Time will tell! I love the comment the midwife made today about big babies, "We just LOVVVVE chunky, squishy, fat, and squishable little babies that are in Momma's belly as long as they need to be!"
It has been splendidly gorgeous outside. In fact, can I add a superlative to that? It's been beautiful! Gorgeous! Splendid weather!
So, we have enjoyed some amazing beach time! It has been SO relaxing to sit and watch the kids playing in the sand, and hearing the waves on their steady march to the shore.
I'm so proud of how well Ian and Zoe have obeyed. Even though they have asked to go in the water, I explain we'll do that later when it gets warmer. They say, "Ok Mom, we'll just play in the sand," and they do! Well...and sometimes chase a few seagulls and *think* about jumping in the water!
We're really soaking up this beach time, and how nice it is to be so close. I will definitely miss Hunting Island!
So do I feel "ready" yet? This past week, I've had a little bit of back pain, and more trouble staying asleep during the night (since it's a little more challenging to get comfortable). I'm also more sensitive to giving the belly space from rambunctious kiddos. With every passing day one day closer to his birth, I can say I do finally feel ready! I am able to more fully wrap my head around greeting him and not being pregnant any more...any day now? Wow.
A quick 38 weeks snapshot. Hard to believe he is indeed still growing in there...I almost feel like I couldn't get too much bigger!
And a quick word on way of updates...When the time comes, there will more than likely be brief FB updates right away from Matt (and a picture or two!), but we're really going to enjoy the first hours or so with Little Brother. As soon as things settle down at home, I'll be sure to begin making more phone calls and updating in more detail! Getting more excited by the minute! :)









No comments:
Post a Comment