Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wiggle Zoe

Came up with a random fun thing to do to pass the time...and let Mommy finish peeling potatoes and carrots for dinner. I got the idea from this book.

Supplies:
-Bowl for dirty money (haha!)
-Bowl with a little bit of soap and water
-Old toothbrush
-Pocket change

Ian took the job very seriously. He washed them once, dumped them in the bowl and washed them a second time. In the most serious of banker tones, I was informed, "Mom, these are verrrrrry dirty. I'm going to wash them again. Don't talk to me while I'm working please."

And in the next couple of minutes, he was teasing me. "Hahahah. This is not a brush for my teeth. Look, Mom! Haha!"

When the coins were scrubbed to his satisfaction, he began categorizing them, naming them, and asking how much they were. We played several games of "find the coin"...sometimes by name, other times by amount.

Meanwhile, Zoe stirred up her little soap bubbles in a frenzy...

Energetically scrubbed her fingers...

And literally jumped up and down with glee that her coins were clean. "I did it! I did it! I clean Mommy!"

Then, she banged on the water bowls enjoying the sounds it made, dropping the coins in the water, dumping the water back and forth, and overall so thoroughly exploring ALL the different ways this activity could be fun for a little person. She has never-ending creativity and energy...I just LOVE it!

Also, I LOVE that my new camera can switch effortlessly from taking photos to capturing video. I hadn't been videoing as much before since it involved switching to the other camera...but now, look out!

Here's Wiggle Zoe!


P.S. YES, she is this energetic...all.day.long. No matter what we're doing! :)

No comments: