It's also in this place that time moves forward at a different pace. Even as the moments feel timeless and still, they are flying by at a rate that just can't be explained. Suddenly, it's almost difficult to imagine being pregnant or in labor. It seems wholly impossible that this little person hasn't been with us forever.
We're all together...a family of five.
I'm waxing a little sappy and poetic. Aren't newborns exhausting and so much work?! I guess things could be different, or change at any moment. For now, Matt being home to play and be with the kids while I rest leave no room for complaints from me! Eli did wake up to feed every 2 hours last night, but I have been able to rest whenever I feel like it. God is truly blessing this time!
I know there will be challenging days ahead because parenting is definitely not a cake walk...but my focus will always be to just soak up every joyful moment. (And try to squeeze some joy out of the others!).
I pray that our days are filled with much more love to welcome little Eli...
To enjoy that he has tiny little fingers to feel tickling against ours...
And tiny little toes to wiggle in the sunlight...
There's nothing like having a brand new baby in the house to "ooh" and "aww" over!
The pictures aren't capturing a partial story, either. Our challenge has been to give Eli breathing room. Both kids in their own ways, want to shower him with SO much love!! Ian is a little better about calm and gentle movements, but Zoe is getting there. She's definitely insistent for her turn (as her attention span allows).
At the moment, Matt is sleeping on the couch with Ian playing at his feet. Zoe and Eli are napping, and I'm about to (big deep breath) put maternity clothes away...
Time. There are moments in your life when it just doesn't operate the same way (like in "Baby Land!"). I'll continue to soak up all the special lessons that this time can teach me. Mainly, every day in a new way to make the most of it. :)
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. -Eccl. 3:1 (NIV)











No comments:
Post a Comment