Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eli is One Week Old!

It's hard to imagine that a week ago, we were just bringing Eli home!

Today, I took some pictures of Amanda...she's 37 weeks today. That wasn't that long ago for me, and already it seems like an eternity! It's so funny how having Eli here, it already feels like we have never been without him.

This was the point I was, only 19 days ago!


Only a week ago, I was sitting on the couch, crocheting little hats & blankets...thinking about what he'd look like!

Earlier, Amanda shared some of her photo props, and we had a little mini-session with him. It is funny to me that he was awake the entire time. He was so patient with us posing him! Such a sweet little guy.




The more I get to know Eli, the more I love him! He is such a wonderful little baby. He lets us know when he's hungry and cold, and other than that makes quiet little grunting noises. I know you think I'm crazy, but he has had the smallest twitch of a smile twice when turning to look at me. I know it wasn't gas!

According to my scale, he's just a couple of ounces shy of his birth weight. Ironically, it's the same weight I accidentally ordered on the birth announcements (that arrived yesterday, and will be going out this week!). At least I didn't accidentally transpose numbers and mark him down as 9 pounds!

We were going to give him his first bath tonight, but I think we'll wait to let the kids help. I know they will be thrilled to share in that special milestone. Ian was disappointed last night when we told him Eli was sleeping and we'd have to try for another time.

I'll end with a few highlights of the first week:

-He's already sleeping 4 hour stretches through the night...waking to feed, and going right back to sleep!
-We call him SuperSoaker 2011. He got Matt first! Haha!
-He's awake at least 2 regular times...once in the morning around breakfast time, and again at dinner. These exactly correspond with his most active periods inside of me!
-Hands must be free! You cannot contain them in a swaddle at all! This has been true from moment one.
-Right sock only, please.
-His umbilical cord fell off yesterday.
-He is content to let anyone hold him! (Mommy, Daddy, Brother, Sister, and friends are all ok with him!).

One week...wow, that flew by! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can NOT wait to meet Eli :)